#1 QUESTIONS WE ARE ASKED
FIRST REMEMBER THAT YOU PURCHASED A TICKET TO AN EVENT THAT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE (SEE OTHER FAQ’S BELOW FOR MORE INFO)
But not all is lost. We do know that life happens and things do come up from time to time.
Option 1: Transferring to the Virtual Race
- If your race has a virtual option, we offer the option to transfer your Live Event Ticket to the Virtual Race. You can do that by completing the Virtual Transfer Form on our website.
- This option closes MONDAY AT NOON the week of the event. After that time you will not be able to complete the transfer and we do not mail packets after the event. This date and time may vary by event so please check your pre-race email for the specific cutoff time for your race.
- Please note that not all events offer a Virtual Race option.
Option 2: Transferring to another racer
- Giving your bib to a friend or another person without officially transferring the entry is never acceptable.
- For our SOLD OUT Live events, we offer the option to transfer your Live Event Ticket to another person in a legal and official manner.
- Once an event sells out we open the WAITLIST for that event. If you have a bib to sell, please use our CONTACT FORM to let us know and we will connect you to people looking to buy.
- Once you find a person who would like to take your spot, just have them complete the online transfer form.
- This option closes MONDAY AT NOON the week of to the event. After that time you will not be able to complete the transfer. This date and time may vary by event so please check your pre-race email for the specific cutoff time for your race.
Option 3: Pick up your packet or have a friend pick it up
- If all else fails, don’t miss out on the items that are included at packet pickup with your Live Event Ticket. If you can’t make it to packet pickup, have a friend get it for you.
So even though your Live Event Ticket is non-refundable and non-transferrable, we do have have options available to you. Make sure to read your pre-race emails for additional information specific to your event.
THESE OPTIONS VARY FOR EACH EVENT SO PLEASE READ YOUR PRE-RACE EMAIL (You did agree to stay updated when you registered)
REFUND POLICY: All entries are non-refundable. Once we receive your entry, you will not receive a refund for any reason, even if you cannot participate. Please see options above if you cannot attend.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The participant acknowledges that the registration is only a license to participate in the event. There is no guarantee as to any element of the scheduled event. The scheduled event may be cancelled, shortened or altered due to weather, other acts of God, terrorism, or for any other reason or reasons within or not within the control of 131 Event Productions LLC, whether in whole or in part. There are no refunds for any reason whatsoever. The registrant understands that these terms are a condition of the entry fee and agrees to register subject to these terms.
No, this is not allowed in any circumstances. While this practice may seem harmless, it can result in serious consequences to both parties involved. It’s an issue of false identity and a liability issue. Why? The most important reason is that your race bib is attached to your identity, so if an emergency occurs that requires medical attention or a race official must identify a participant, we need to have accurate information. In addition, finisher awards may be impacted. If race organizers identify an individual who has given their race bib to another person, it will result in disqualification and a minimum two-year ban for both individuals for any of our future events.
If the event is not sold out, race day registration will be available. Make sure to check race details for specific pricing and times.
You can change your race distance for most events, however, a fee may be applied. Please use the Distance Transfer Page for changes.
NOTE: You will NOT get a refund if the price of the new registration type is less than that of your current registration type. You will be responsible to pay additional fees if the price of the new type, at its current rate, is more than your current registration type.
In all races, children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in order to participate.
For longer events and trail events, we may require additional running experience in order to allow entries for children under 10. Please Contact Us if you have questions about your younger runner.
RACE COMMUNICATION & SOCIAL MEDIA
Yes there is a Facebook Page for 131 Event Productions races. Be sure to “Like” us for the most up to date information.
Of course we #hashtag! For all our events (races or virtual), please post with the hashtag #Run131 or #131Events. Most of our races also have their own hashtags:
- Winter Night Trail Marathon #BrutallyAwesome #DoTheTrails
- Run4Love 5k #Run4Love
- Winter Trail Frosty #WTFHalf #DoTheTrails
- Lucky Clover 4-Miler #LuckyClover4Miler
- Bunny Stomp Run #BunnyStomp
- Brew HaHa Craft Series #BrewHaHaRun
- Summer Night Trail Marathon #DoTheTrails
- SHE Power Half #SHEPower
- Eagle Creek Trail Marathon #DoTheTrails
- BOOM Shakalaka #BOOMHalf
- Caribbean Christmas Half & 5k #CaribbeanChristmas
Use these on all social media platforms so everyone can find all your posts and pictures before, during and after the event!
131 Event Productions is neither a charity nor a non-profit organization.However we do support and spread the word about the great cause at Mission 22 at many of our events.
Some events support other specific charities. Check the race details for more information.
Yes, 131 Event Productions manages a number of events annually that are fundraisers for non-profit organizations. Check the Race Calendar for dates and times.
In general our events require a minimum of 17 min/mile pace. If you are slower than this pace, the Police or race staff on the course may ask you to use the sidewalks and obey the traffic laws so they can reopen the roadways. If you think this pace is too fast for you, please consider a shorter distance option such as a 5k. In most cases there are no time requirements for 5k races.
Please note that at any time Police officials may need to modify the stated time requirements in the interest of public or the race participant safety.
Yes, you can pick up the whole running group. If you have a group of 6 or more, please use our FASTPASS option.
Some events will have a gear check, some do not. Please refer to your race information page on the website for specific information.
For a 5k course we will have a water station at approximately the halfway point. On longer courses you will see a water station about every 1.5-2 miles. Individual races may have more stops and more entertaining beverages at those stops… see race details for more.
While we love dogs too, for the safety of the racers, staff and volunteers, dogs cannot come race with you.
Strollers are allowed at most road 5K’s, but are NOT ALLOWED on any longer events including all Trail Races and all Half or Full Marathon courses. Please make sure to check for specific requirements for each event.
If strollers are allowed, we ask that you start at the back of the pack and make sure your stroller meets the following requirements:
- Strollers may not be larger than 31″ wide
- Stroller wagons are not allowed
- No other wheels are allowed, so no wagons, scooters, etc.
The use of headphones is discouraged but allowed. If you do run with headphones, it is required that you keep one ear free to be able to hear safety vehicles, fellow participants and course officials.
Yes, there are few excellent spots where spectators could watch and cheer. They can even join the part at the finish and lap area.
The event will go on rain or shine with only the possibility of delay in the event of lightning. However, we do retain the right to cancel, shorten, or alter the race course due to weather or other acts of God, or for any other reason within or without our control. If the weather requires a postponement of the event, refunds will not be given but a transfer policy will be posted to allow racers an opportunity to adjust their schedule.
Still have questions? Please feel free to Contact Us at any time.